I offer proofreading services for anyone who needs a second pair of eyes on their work: students, businesses, publishers (or self-publishers). Not on this list? Maybe I can help you anyway. Get in touch with me, let me know a bit more about what you need, and let’s work together.
What do I check?
- spelling, punctuation and grammar
- consistency in style, spelling, typography, layout and content
- page numbers and headings
- if the content flows and is logically arranged
- if there are any confusing line or word breaks
- if illustrations, captions, labels, chapter titles, indexes, cross-references, etc. correspond with each other and with the text
I work on a wide variety of content in all fields, but I especially welcome work in the following:
- Humanities/social sciences
- ESL/TEFL/English language teaching
- teacher education
- adult education
- hobbies: sewing, crafts, yoga, outdoor activities.
If changes are necessary, I will identify them and mark the proof, either on paper or digitally (in Microsoft Word or on a PDF file), as agreed with you.
I abide by the Society of Editors and Proofreaders’ code of practice.