Accurate written communication makes a vital first impression. A poorly spelled, punctuated or inflected sentence not only looks unprofessional, but can lead to loss of business. This is especially hard if English is not your first language.
This is where I can help you. It doesn’t matter how many times you read your own work: you can be too familiar with it to see the tiny yet glaring errors which can slip through. What it really needs is a fresh pair of eyes, which I will be glad to provide!
What do I check?
- spelling, punctuation and grammar
- consistency in style, spelling, typography, layout and content
- page numbers and headings
- if the content flows and is logically arranged
- if there are any confusing line or word breaks
- if illustrations, captions, labels, chapter titles, indexes, cross-references, etc. correspond with each other and with the text.
- blog posts
- communications (emails, memos, etc.)
- … or anything else you could need.
If changes are necessary, I will identify them and mark the proof, either on paper or digitally (in Microsoft Word or on a PDF file), as agreed with you.
I abide by the Society of Editors and Proofreaders’ code of practice, which includes a strict policy of confidentiality: your business is safe in my hands.