I provide proofreading services to students at any level from universities across the globe. I know that writing academic texts is challenging: especially so if you are not writing in your mother tongue. As a service for students, I focus even more on the word choice and grammar, ensuring that your language isn’t a barrier to your arguments. I will make sure your text reads clearly and correctly- but, most importantly, it is still your voice that the readers hear.
What do I check?
- spelling, punctuation and grammar
- consistency in style, spelling, typography, layout and content
- page numbers and headings
- if the content flows and is logically arranged
- if there are any confusing line or word breaks
- if illustrations, captions, labels, chapter titles, indexes, cross-references, etc. correspond with each other and with the text
I work on a wide variety of content in all fields but I especially welcome work in the following:
- Humanities/social sciences
- ESL/TEFL/English language teaching
- teacher education
- adult education
If your text is very long, e.g. a PhD thesis, I am happy to proofread, and invoice you, per chapter.
A note on regulations
You are responsible for checking the regulations of your university to ensure the use of a professional proofreader is allowed. Some universities do not allow external help, or may restrict what I can do for you. If your university has any special rules and regulations regarding the use of proofreaders, please forward these to me before I begin work on your project. I will proofread your work in accordance with these rules, amending or reducing my usual service as necessary.