I provide proofreading services to publishers and work accurately to brief, meeting deadlines in a timely manner. Having trained with the Publishing Training Centre, I can work on paper or PDF with BSI symbols, or using Track Changes in Microsoft Word.
What do I check?
- spelling, punctuation and grammar
- consistency in style, spelling, typography, layout and content
- page numbers and headings
- if the content flows and is logically arranged
- if there are any confusing line or word breaks
- if illustrations, captions, labels, chapter titles, indexes, cross-references, etc. correspond with each other and with the text
I work on a wide variety of content in all fields, fiction and non-fiction but the following fields are particularly within my area of expertise:
- Humanities/social sciences
- ESL/TEFL/English language teaching
- teacher education
- adult education
- hobbies: sewing, crafts, yoga, outdoor activities.
If you are self-publishing a book or e-book, I am equally happy to proofread this for you. Just get in touch for a quote.